The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Rincon Stake along with other churches in the area and the University of Arizona Eller College will participate in service projects on National Make A Difference Day to benefit three local school districts. Organizers are expecting over 600 individuals from the ages of 8 to 60+ to participate. Approximately 75 to 80 of these volunteers will be coming from Eller College. The Tanque Verde School District will provide two buses for transporting the Eller College students to the service sites.
Here are the some of projects the Rincon congregations will accomplish on Saturday, October 26th.
– Cleaning the interior of buses and other vehicles belonging to the Vail School District. (VSD)
– Repainting the exterior fence at Cienega High School. The fence runs approximately 2700 feet adjacent to Mary Ann Cleveland road. (VSD)
– Sidewalk cement work (VSD)
– Landscaping at the new Esmond Station School. (VSD)
– Planting 10 trees and 15 bushes and Masonry/brick work on flowerbeds. Senita Valley Elementary School (VSD)
– Painting the front hall, painting the trashcans and rails outside, power wash their patio general yard work around the school repaint sand and paint tables. Gridley Middle School (TUSD)
– Painting parking lot strips, curds and swinging gate. (TVSD)
– Play ground rototilling and sand replacement. (TVSD)
– River rock placement along drainage area (TVSD)
– Construction of a collection basin (TVSD)
– Improvements to a baseball field, create an on deck area and remove artificial turf (TVSD)
– Wood chip placement in the Kinder Play Area (TVSD)
– Working on covering on walkways and play area (TVSD)
Media Contacts: Stephanie Ashcraft, 520-661-6741, firstname.lastname@example.org